L’ame Immortelle – In tiefem Fall – Limited 3CD Hardcover Book
€60.00 (inc. 24% VAT taxes) + shipping costs
There is no happy-end on this record. You will be spared no pain, no hideous facet of life. By painting utterly dark, disillusioning and ruthless musical pictures, the mental fall and ruin of a protagonist comes to life – in an album of broken dreams and the end of all hope.
L’ÂME IMMORTELLE’s latest opus “In tiefem Fall” is pitilessly casting its suffering protagonist into the fathomless depths of his soul. He has lost himself, a creature ridden by fear, pressure, doubt and depression. Every new day he dies a little more inside. This, indeed, is a montage without any compromises, a work that’s not here to convey a message but entirely to express severe emotions. There is a spiritual side to our existence, something beyond our material world, a place in a way more real that any conscious experience. Into this, he plunges. The fatal comedown is imminent.
There probably are no better artists than Thomas Rainer and Sonja Kraushofer to clad this troubled mental state into music. Each to his and her own an artist to the bone, bearing a very distinct voice, a very distinct philosophy, a unique approach, the unity of their talents gave birth to an extraordinary new sound 25 years ago: Melodies like bold brush strokes in minor on the canvas of life. Now, “In tiefem Fall” – once again skilfully produced by maestro Jan-Krischan Wesenberg (of ROTERSAND fame) – somehow manages to unite “Lieder die wie Wunden bluten” with “Als die Liebe starb” and more recent masterpieces like the perennially touching “Namenlos”.
Simply making music, however, has never been enough for this iconic duo. They are very well aware that a fundamental story like this deserves a visual pendant equally moving. Alongside renowned artist Oliver Schlemmer and photographer extraordinaire Torsten Geyer, L’ÂME IMMORTELLE carry their concept onto a powerful and highly sensitive visual level. The furious overpainting of photographies in the accompanying art booklet reveal surprises and leave it to the beholders to find their very own centre.
By its unexpectedly direct and brutally unsparing nature that’s immediately ruling out any attempt of distancing, “In tiefem Fall” is extending the duo’s discography with a record that is thunderously shattering hope into a thousand pieces. There will simply be no end to this fall.
- Limited complete edition:
This complete edition is a magnificently designed illustrated book, which includes two additional full-featured discs. It presents the two artists’ entire visual and musical world in relation to their album ‘In tiefem Fall’. This comprehensive and profound work provides additional perspectives into the complex darkness of the human psyche, and its effects will remain with recipients for a long time to come. A real gem for all art lovers and L’ÂME IMMORTELLE collectors.
- Opulent illustrated book containing 3 CDs
- 27 tracks – over 2 hours’ playing time
- CD #1 contains the new studio album ‘In tiefem Fall’, produced by Jan-Eric Wesenberg (ROTERSAND)
- CD #2 contains the soundtrack ‘Portrait of a Shattered Mind’, composed by Clemens Wijers (CARACH ANGREN and others) and Patrick Damiani (SOPOR AETERNUS and others)
- CD #3 contains the audiobook ‘Das Königreich der schwarzen Farbe’ (‘The Kingdom of the Colour Black’), written and read (in German) by the young, up-and-coming author Lukas Materzok
- Lavishly designed, laminated hardback book
- Based on overpaintings by Oliver Schlemmer (JANUS and others)
- 36 pages
- Includes all album lyrics
- Front and rear endpapers made from extra-thick paper
- Premium art print on high quality glossy art paper
- Silver-coloured numbering created using the hot foil printing process
- Strictly limited to 3,000 copies
LIM. HARDCOVERBOOK 3CD EDITION:
- Der Fluch
- Catch my fall
- Everything just falls apart
- Dem Abgrund entgegen
- Said and done
- Echoes of death to come
- Peut-être un jour
- Locked in
- Non compos mentis
- La folie des grandeurs
- Zeit oder Menschlichkeit?
- Der Mann mit den Landschaften
- Als die Welt das Malen erfand
- Von Flüchtigkeit und Wahnsinn
- Das Königreich der schwarzen Farbe